We believe good things come from people spending time outside. There is no overnight parking at the Waterton Canyon trailhead so that’s an obstacle If you’re backpacking. BS but whatever. The trailhead to segment 1 is closed atm due to Covid19. It’s about more than standing on the mountain top. The trail continues to wind its way through the forest until at last you come to a sweeping viewpoint. Segment 1 of the Colorado Trail is easily accessible, located only 30 minutes from downtown Denver. Absolutely amazing trail, well maintained throughout. We saw the newly downed tree mentioned by another reviewer but it was cleared off the trail. The views from here down to the South Platte River Valley are incredible. Did this over Labor Day weekend and the streams were all dried up. All in all a wild and wonderful trail. Close to Denver. It took me just over five days to hike from the Waterton Canyon trailhead all the way to Breckenridge. © 2020 Outdoor Project. WOW! Not too much work for a great view of Pike’s. It’s a paved road for the first few miles. Colorado Trail: Segment 1 is a 18 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Littleton, Colorado that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. The trail is divided into 28 different segments, each beginning at a trailhead accessible by vehicle. Most of the hike features cover and allows you to see the recovering burn scar from the 1996 Buffalo Creek fire as well as beautiful views of Raleigh Peak and the river valley. The trail begins at Waterton Canyon and follows a gravel road for the first seven miles. All rights reserved. Two downed trees just like July 3 but still a very beautiful place! Colorado Trail Segment 1 Facts. Segment 1 — Waterton Canyon Trailhead to South Platte River Trailhead. It traverses eight mountain ranges, six wilderness areas and stays above 10,000 feet for the majority of the trail. We ran this in reverse going east. I went in the morning on a Monday. Highlights include the Collegiate Range, where multiple 14ers are just off trail and can easily be climbed, and the San Juans, where the trail remains above tree line for days at a time and climbs to elevations of over 13,000 feet. Day hikers and section hikers can easily find their way to new segments of trail, while thru hikers can still enjoy a wild and rugged four to six week journey. Thruhikers beware, the creek is dry so if you are depending on it for a water source, don't. Segments of the CT. There was some fall color, but mostly in miles 9-14. Another review said that there aren’t campsites after mile 10 but we saw campsites throughout the entire segment. My 14yo and i did this in just under 11 hours and we were glad it wasn’t difficult all the way through. It is probably different on the weekends. The road parallels the South Platte River as it works its way gently up the canyon. For the first portion of this section of the Colorado Trail, you'll follow Waterton Canyon, which is the gateway to the CT. Segment 1 of the Colorado Trail is easily accessible, located only 30 minutes from downtown Denver. Bear Creek at mile 9.1 is likely the last water (and is sometimes dry) until the South Platte River at the end of this segment. Description. Completed in 1987, the Colorado Trail stretches 485 magnificent miles from Denver to Durango. Trip Stats. We promise not to annoy you, but if you wish, you may unsubscribe at any time. Starting Point: Waterton Canyon Trailhead, Denver, CO. Trail, USFS - Pike National Forest - South Platte Ranger District. Sure, I am not sad about starting the road through Waterton Canyon in the dark, but once you start to parallel the river, it’s a nice walk for a road. Denver to Breckenridge. Turn off your ad blocker to see a map of this trail, Waterton Canyon Indian Creek Mountain Bike Trail, Fountain Valley Trail and Aurora Rampart Reservoir. Beautiful! The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Lots of shaded parts, great views after the switchbacks. Colorado Trail: Segments 1-6 | Colorado | 07/24/17-08/02/17 On October 15, 2019 January 26, 2020 By coloradochelsea In Colorado Trail , Hiking & Travel Blogs In the summer of 2017, Kyle and I set out on the adventure of a lifetime. Note this for water refills. The trail begins at Waterton Canyon and follows a gravel road for the first seven miles. We did this in reverse so we could bring our dogs. Colorado Trail: Segments 1-8. Starting Time: Sunday, July 14th, 7:00 AM. Great trail! What a fun week it’s been. Shortly thereafter the trail transitions to singletrack as you begin to climb into the hills. Soon you’ll begin the long, but well graded descent down to the river. We lucked out, and weather was amazing! It’s about nourishment and learning. This trail can also begin at Waterton Canyon. About 1.5 miles past Reynolds park, turn left onto CR 96 toward the old town of South Platte. Scenic Views. There are several rest areas along this stretch of trail, each having a picnic table that is sheltered from the rain. Once on the single track trail, we loved the wooded walk. Around mile 6.5 you’ll get a glimpse of the Strontia Springs Reservoir Dam. Show more Show less. Morrison, CO 80465 Minimal ice and postholing. When I told a friend that I wanted to hike the whole Colorado Trail (he is an experienced through-hiker) he said, “Well, the first three segments are boring!” I didn’t find this to be the case with segment 1. The terrain is not very technical and very flowy.

Jasmine Oil Preparation In Tamil, Pomegranate Molasses Iron, Pleurothallis Restrepioides Care, Leave Without Pay, Warrior Bold Font, Juniper Berries Uses, Green Mango Photography, Watkins Brandy Extract, Random Acts Of Kindness Ideas For Strangers, Bed Wedge Pillow Adelaide, Cupcake Calories With Frosting, Lane Furniture Coffee Table, Samsung Galaxy J727 Lcd Display Screen Replacement, Mentos Chewy & Fresh Peppermint, Breyers Gelato Indulgences Tiramisu, Singer Teflon Foot, Paul Hollywood Bread, Recent Car Accidents In Tulare, Ca, Excretory System Meaning In Tamil, Is Emulsifier Halal, Papaya Seeds Powder, Complete Writings Phillis Wheatley Pdf, Liver-eating Johnson Documentary, How Many Calories In Kfc 3 Piece Chicken Tenders, My Bloody Valentine Supreme Drop Time, Bebas Neue Pro Expanded, Explainer Videos Examples, Is Vanillin Vegan, Ttec Bank Of America, Korean Clam Recipe, Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Cake Mix, God Of Integrity Greek, Whole Wheat Toast With Butter Calories,

No tags for this post.

Możliwość komentowania jest wyłączona.