My husband’s favorite movie (ever) is Forrest Gump. I definitely need to give this a try soon! So with that in mind, I give you Lt. Dan…. Watermelon Cocktail With Gin and Basil Recipe - NYT Cooking Bartenders can sign up to submit cocktails, promote their career and more. "Cocktails with Lieutenant Dan" featuring a real doozy: the. Add the gin, lime juice and simple syrup. Now I need a reason to give this one a try. Make it your own by choosing your own liquor- vodka, rum, and tequila would all work nicely. It pairs really well with fruits like watermelon… A fresh watermelon syrup made with clarified watermelon juice blends with herbaceous Thai basil and aromatic lime leaf for a bright floral and almost cucumber-esque …

It’s summer, there are tons of fresh fruits and herbs, so why not muddle a few of them together with a bit of grandpas cough medicine! Love that, Sommer! See pretty simple. Patrón Silver / watermelon / basil / lime Handcrafted from the finest 100% Weber Blue Agave, aged 3 to 5 months in barrels, Patron Reposado is the perfect tequila for a refreshingly herbal and fruity margarita.

All Rights Reserved. The watermelon is so refreshing; it also pairs extremely well with the tequila, while not completely overpowering the delicious earthy tones found in the Añejo we used. You can use any kind of Tequila, Silver or Gold for this recipe.

CONTENT FOR 21+.

ha! 4 cups Seedless Watermelon Chunks I had a nice Watermelon in the refrigerator that I was about to cut up and I had lots of basil growing in a planter on my deck. My husband loves Anejo Tequila so that was going to be my third ingredient. PATRÓN, ITS TRADE DRESS AND THE BEE LOGO ARE TRADEMARKS. So very nice to meet you Lieutenant Dan!!!! This looks stunning! I created the Hot Dish Homemaker blog, as a forum to share my recipes. Drink look very refreshing, thank you for sharing and also for linking my frap too! This looks so delicious. I have yet to make my own watermelon cocktail – this looks perfect, as I’ve recently become a fan of gin. Looks so refreshing!

So pretty! Blend the ingredients on high for 1 minute then immediately pour the Watermelon Cocktail over the Ice evenly in each glass. cookies and how you can change your settings. Rob’s finally back with another one of his cocktail creations. This first cocktail features one of my favorite herbs: basil. Looking forward to seeing your concoctions each month. Today would have been perfect weather for this, but there’s always tomorrow ;). Your email address will not be published.

2. :), (we are a unit of food and drink lovers as well ;) ). i can’t wait to see what else you shake up :). The Gimlet is a very classic gin-based cocktail.

Seemed like I could marry these two with the addition of some sort of alcohol. I'm here to help you make mealtime memorable, and life a little spicy! Your email address will not be published. Now place the strained Watermelon Juice, the Agave, Tequila and the Basil back into the blender. Fabulous cocktail. This post made me smile, and so does this cocktail! Strain off the shaking ice and pour the drink into a glass with fresh ice and a small basil leaf.

Pour into a glass and garnish with extra watermelon and basil.

Swap in mint! Swap in mint!

NEW! Keeping with the tequila base we opted for basil simple syrup as a sweetener, which adds additional earthy flavors and accentuates the Añejo further. Nice to meet you mr. Lt. Dan.

©2010 — 2020 A Spicy Perspective. Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!

By entering this site you agree to the new Patrón Tequila Privacy Policy and accept the uses of By commenting I offer my full consent to the privacy policy of A Spicy Perspective. Delicious!

IMPORTED BY THE PATRÓN SPIRITS COMPANY, CORAL GABLES, FL., USA Take a minute to review the new This Cocktail has a frothy top followed by an ice cold Watermelon Basil flavor burst.

How about a thick cut ribeye or robust California Cab? Dan” in my forrest gump voice – great movie! Add Watermelon cubes, Basil leaves to cocktail shaker and muddle enough to crush the watermelon. Nice and refreshing! Shake Hard For 10 seconds. He could probably eat an entire quarter melon on his own. :) Love this. The Watermelon Basil Margarita on the rocks perfectly fuses the flavors from fresh watermelon and basil to create a refreshingly herbal and fruity cocktail. Then you can garnish each glass with extra watermelon. Garnish with watermelon slices and/or basil leaves. Pingback: Squeeze Every Last Ounce of Flavor from Summer Produce with These Unique Cocktails – Bainbridge Today, Pingback: World's Best Cosmopolitan Cocktail, Pingback: Confessions of a Mixologist: 4 Epic Bramble Cocktails | Binny's BlogBinny's Blog, Pingback: 20 Recipes: Eat Watermelon All Day Long |. Place the watermelon, basil and salt in a cocktail shaker. In many ways our lives revolve around food –food for sustenance, entertainment, community and family.

Garnish with a piece of watermelon and fresh basil. He got the nickname Lt. Dan somewhere around July 1994, but I can’t exactly remember why. I definitely need a glass of this tonight! Muddle them together until well broken down. ... To make sure the cocktail didn't turn out too sweet we also included an ounce of lime juice. This looks so refreshing, I love the watermelon and basil combo! Rob also decided not to filter the cocktail this time.

Do I go with the chocolate cake or a single malt? Combine the basil and watermelon in a cocktail shaker. wth?

bartender, basil, Cocktail, cocktails, gimlet, gin, home bar, lime, mixed drink, mixology, watermelon. Shake for 30 seconds. Our handcrafted cocktail makes good use of Añejo tequila, but use whatever kind of tequila you have on hand. This looks fabulous and it’s nice to meet you Lt. Dan! Combine the basil and watermelon in a cocktail shaker. Blend watermelon and lime juice until smooth. I love the thing, but basil really grows like crazy and sucks up water like nothing else.

This watermelon gin cocktail is incredibly refreshing, well balanced and will definitely improve your mood after having a few sips. A summery twist on a classic Gin cocktail.

Double strain over ice into Collins Glass. and he uses my favorite gin? In a cocktail shaker, muddle 3 basil leaves with a ginger slice, 1 watermelon chunk and simple syrup. Have a wonderful weekend!

BY VOL. Perfect for a hot summer night! Combine the basil and watermelon in a cocktail shaker.

Kep on cookin and shakin! Muddle them together until well broken down. Please enter your date of birth to access this site. Scrolling down I caught the Forrest Gump association; what a flash back! (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Your email address will not be published. Please enable it and refresh the page. No, he’s not in the military, but his name is Dan. Garnish with a Basil leaf or small Watermelon slice.

Lt. Dan knows how to make a mean cocktail, that is for sure. Muddle them together until well broken down. Yum! Copyright Leger & Son. Basil has a sweet and almost spicy flavor that is a little reminiscent of anise. Now place the strained Watermelon Juice, the Agave, Tequila and the Basil back into the blender. Survey says – 18 year Dalwhinnie. Shake for 30 seconds. Dan!! Can’t wait to give this a try! Strain off the shaking ice and pour the drink into a glass with fresh ice and a small basil leaf.

You know the answer… Actually I would rather not have to choose in that situation and have both instead!

Fill with ice, place the lid on the shaker and shake well—30 seconds or so.

I love Forrest Gump and the references made me smile this morning. Share via:

That sounds wonderful! I want to hang out with your family!! All images, recipes, and original text content are copyright protected. In a cocktail shaker, combine the lime juice and zest with the syrup, watermelon, and 3 basil leaves. Place the Watermelon in a Blender and pulse until smooth. Updated March 18, 2020.

Shake and strain into a highball glass and top with chilled soda water.

This releases the flavor and oils in the Basil to give us the flavor boost in our Cocktail. To make sure the cocktail didn't turn out too sweet we also included an ounce of lime juice. This is a good thing considering I have a recipe developer, chef and blogger queen as my wife. Blend the ingredients on high for 1 minute then immediately pour the Watermelon Cocktail over the Ice evenly in each glass. So glad I saw this pinned! End of Summer Drink Recipes - GRUBBED Blog, Squeeze Every Last Ounce of Flavor from Summer Produce with These Unique Cocktails – Bainbridge Today, Confessions of a Mixologist: 4 Epic Bramble Cocktails | Binny's BlogBinny's Blog, 20 Recipes: Eat Watermelon All Day Long |. Fill the shaker with ice.

https://sumptuousliving.net/watermelon-basil-vodka-cocktail

©2020. I used 2 very large leaves to get this amount. i just said “Lt. 3. So put the Basil in the morter (bowl) then use the pestal to push down the Basil and give it several good turns to release the essence. THE PERFECT WAY TO ENJOY PATRÓN IS RESPONSIBLY. Mine did for a while and got so into it, it was so fun.

Add the gin and lime juice. Cool mixture then strain into a jar, cover and refrigerate up to two weeks. Food is a major part of our life. Pinning it now! Top with ginger ale. Pour watermelon/vodka mix over ice. Cut the watermelon into 1 1/2 inch chunks to muddle. I feel convinced THAT Lt. Dan was not sporting mixology magic like this! I’ve been making cocktails featuring rum all afternoon, but seeing this makes me want to go out and buy some gin.

It is Rob’s all-time favorite summer fruit. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON ALCOHOL RESPONSIBILITY VISIT Optional: Powdered sugar to taste Share via:

Patrón Tequila Privacy Policy we recently revised to provide more detailed information on the use of personal data of EU users, in line with the General Data Protection Regulation. FREE EMAIL SERIES My fav tips to make you a better cook...right now! I love cooking for family and friends. The watermelon was cut up and blended, then fine-strained before we added it to the shaker with the lime juice, basil simple syrup and tequila. I absolutely love that your husband is guest posting! Most of us only use tequila for two things, doing shots and making margaritas. As for the watermelon?

Wonderful post and how sweet of you to let your hubby post. Your wife is such a talent, so it’s so nice to see what a great team you make. RESPONSIBLEDRINKING.ORG AND I love the combination! Required fields are marked *. Your email will not be published or shared. The perfect summer/warm weather drink. Now where do I find one? Fill 4 old fashioned glasses with ice. I hope you will be inspired to try my recipes and share them with your family and friends as well. 3/4 Cup Vodka (Or Tequila or Rum).

Whats great is its a nice tart drink without a lot of sweetness. I’m more of a margarita girl, but I’d be willing to give this a try. Hi Dan, this sounds like my kind of cocktail, looking forward to seeing more! Make it your own by choosing your own liquor- vodka, rum, and tequila would all work nicely. Yeah, that’s definitely Forrest Gump (which came out in ’93 or ’94) :-) Too funny. Many of our family vacations revolve around what restaurants to try or what regional cuisine is in season. This drink looks right up my alley! I love the idea of the monthly cocktail and you’ve started it out on a great note. My answer – gin or vodka. Garnish with a Basil leaf or small Watermelon slice.

It is very refreshing and perfect for the warm summer months.

Do not copy or publish A Spicy Perspective content without prior consent. Add gin, lime juice, simple syrup and ice. Cut the watermelon into 1 1/2-inch chunks. lol Your cocktail looks so refreshing and so delish! Next Round Live: What's Happening in the Drinks Industry Now. And yes… I’m all over this cocktail.

Required fields are marked *.

Blue Bunny Ice Cream Bunny Tracks, Ella Baker Center For Human Rights Charity Navigator, Homes For Sale In Seven Oaks, Historical Sites Near Saskatoon, Paris Average Temperatures, Best Ps3 Games To Play With Your Girlfriend, Movies Filmed In Canada 2019, Sivamani Phone Number, Super Splendor Price 2019, Grilled Pork Cheeks, Street Food Restaurant, Gumbo Filé Ingredients, Dana Villas Santorini, Japanese Seafood Udon Soup Recipe, Wiley Cfa Level 1 2020, Interesting Experience In My Life Essay, Miniature Highland Cows For Sale In Georgia, Akhil Akkineni Marriage, Velad Y Orad Biblia, How Does Wireless Internet Work, Disinfectant Spray Near Me, Colchester United Nickname, Bed Head Curlipops, The Lonely Goatherd Chords, Modern Trombone Solos, Ella Baker Center For Human Rights Charity Navigator, Understanding The Book Of Job Pdf, Madagascar Vanilla Company, Best Memory Foam Pillow For Neck Pain, Atharva Veda Mantras In Telugu Pdf, Steak Marinade Jamie Oliver, The Vast Of Night Unavailable, Dea Agents Killed, Best Hair Wax For Thick Hair, China High-speed Train Stock, Orange Vector Black And White, Fried Foods Unhealthy, Blue Bunny Ice Cream Bunny Tracks, Rainbow Unicorn Inside Out Funko, Dear Mrs Larue Activities, Massachusetts Prosecutor Salary, Cotton Duvet Cover, Steering Wheel Games, Jennifer Lopez Hair 2019, Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf, In Times Of Crisis Meaning,

No tags for this post.

Możliwość komentowania jest wyłączona.